Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Drawing Closer

Last evening my sister and I were lamenting that for so many years we'd allowed busyness and other people's expectations to keep us at a distance. (It's not that we fought--we simply weren't close.) In recent years we've been narrowing the gap, and it seems that God is using my cancer to show all five of us siblings just how precious we are to one another. I'm so grateful for each one of them, as for each friend and loved one--all gifts of grace! May I urge you to draw closer to your loved ones while you have life--even though you feel you're too busy, or it's too hard.

Someone sent me a card with a beautiful Bible promise on it: Isaiah 46:4--

"I will be your God....I made you and I will care for you."

That's enough to bring peace to a heart that's confused and troubled about rising cancer numbers! The doctor says that nutritional supplements interfere with the action of the chemo. I know that I feel so much better and stronger when I take them. God knows what's really happening in every cell, and I'm asking Him to guide me as to what to take and what not to take.

Thanks for your love and prayers.

Carol

1 Comments:

At Sun May 21, 04:26:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the numbers on your test going up. But I'm thankful that you are feeling better. We will certainly keep praying!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home