Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Active Trust

We're driving to Washington DC today. Daughter Lisa will be graduated from Howard University this weekend with a Master in Social Work degree. We feel blesesed to be able to participate in this celebration. As we ask each day, we pray that God will draw all our hearts close to His throughout all the happenings. Sue and Jeff are driving from Michigan and will meet us in Washington. Karin and Keith (from Indiana) tried so hard to get free to come too, but have insurmountable schedule conflicts this weekend.

I may not be able to post any updates while I'm there. Lisa uses only a cell phone, so I'd have to find an internet service somewhere, and I can't promise. Please know how greatly I appreciate your interest and prayers; what a special moment this is each day to connect with you in this way.

We plan to drive back to Charlotte on Monday the 15th, and on Tuesday I'll go to the oncologist's office for the fateful CA 125 test. If it's below 15, we'll give thanks to God and cancel the taxotere (chemo). If it's not, we'll still give thanks to God and proceed with treatment.

In the evening, when my energy evaporates at about 8:00 pm, I hear a nasty whisper, "Hey, you're really going downhill." "Quiet!" I say, and I go to bed. In the morning, when I wake up rested and energized for the day, I can believe the whisper was a lie.

I cannot know why suddenly the storm
Should rage so fiercely round me in its wrath;
But this I know--God watches all my path,
And I can trust.

I may not draw aside the unseen veil
That hides the unknown future from my sight;
Nor know if for me waits the dark or light,
But I can trust.

I have no power to look across the tide,
To see while here the land beyond the river;
But this I know--I will be God's forever;
So I can trust.

Blessings,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Thu May 11, 09:22:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

Carol,
I pray this will be an excellent weekend with your family and a joy for your daughter. I rejoice in your triumphant spirit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home