Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Waiting

I'm sure waiting is good for the soul, but sometimes it's hard. I had blood drawn yesterday, and now I'm waiting for the results of the CA 125, the tumor marker. I know that many of you have prayed that it will be below 15 this time, so I know you're also waiting for news. I'll post an update as soon as I hear. Meanwhile, I'll try to be patient, and I determine to remember that whatever the number turns out to be, it is not the most important fact in the universe. Far from it!

This morning I was reading in the book of Acts, and this verse grabbed my attention: "But my life is worth nothing unless I use it for dong the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus--the work of telling others the Good News about God's wonderful kindness and love." Acts 20:24. My life feels so precious to me these days. I want to keep aware of what makes it really worthwhile.

Lisa asked me to tell you that our dear friend Joan, in Michigan, was the one who gathered the contact information for the people who wrote all those encouraging birthday letters. Thanks, Joan.

You are wonderful to maintain this prayer vigil with me. May God reward you.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home