Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Friends at the Corners

In the New Testament (Mark 2:4) we meet four friends who carried their sick friend on his bed to Jesus. But Jesus was inside a house tightly packed with people. So they carried their friend up to the flat clay-tiled roof, lifted off some tiles, and lowered him with ropes straight down in front of Jesus. The record states, "When He saw their faith," he healed the sick man. That's the image in the minds of my friends who independently decided to pray that my CA 125 will drop below 15 before the next chemo. Yesterday a neighbor said, "I'll be the fourth." So now there's at least one friend at each corner--"carrying" that cancer reduction by faith.

My mouth sores are much better already. Thanks for praying. And thanks to my neighbors for lending me their soothing medicines. (I picked up my own Magic Mouthwash at the pharmacy yesterday.) I think the tingling and numbness in my fingers is also better. I drop things often, but so far I haven't broken anything. And when I'm typing, extra letters show up every once in awhile. I guess we can live with that!

Proverbs 13:12 laments, "Hope deferred makes the heart sick." A California friend wrote, "Yes, but hope deferred is still hope." So true! Let's keep our hope firmly resting on God.

In His love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home