Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A Firm Foundation

I love the hymn that begins, "How firm a foundation, you saints of the Lord, is laid for your faith in His excellent Word." That's why I like to begin every day by reading the Bible. It lays a fresh foundation for me to live by faith in the coming day. This morning I read in Acts 14 about the life-change and the overwhelming joy that came to people who put their faith in Jesus. Those are the very same themes as in the stories I'm now preparing for the next issue of the SIM magazine. Elsewhere, the Bible says that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. He really is!

Later in that hymn is this stanza:
When through fiery trials your pathway shall lie,
My grace all-sufficient shall be your supply.
The flames shall not hurt you, I only design
Your dross to consume and your gold to refine.

That's what I want!

We saw the surgeon yesterday for yet another follow-up appointment. He is very pleased with my continuing progress, and a thorough check revealed no new tumors.

I'm feeling well too. Besides six hours of editorial work, and the doctor visit, we also put in a couple of hours of work in the yard. Nice balance!

Thanks as always for your faithful prayers.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Tue May 09, 06:53:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

Thanks for telling me about your blog, Carol. This will help me get to know you better! Your posting from yesterday reminded me of something I learned in a recent Beth Moore study: "When you don't know what else to pray, just pray that God will be HUGE."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home