Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, May 07, 2006

God Is Still

I believe I've experienced a miracle. The sores in my mouth are almost gone, and I'm looking forward to teaching the class this morning. My assignment is to tell what I've learned about God through living with cancer. It will not be a theology lesson! I have always loved the long Greek-based descriptors of God (omnipotent, omnipresent, etc), which are utterly true and wonderful. But when I was almost brain dead from anesthetics, anxiety and chemo, I found myself thinking in first-grade vocabulary. So that's what I'll use this morning. Thanks so much for praying for my mouth.

One of the qualities of God that's hard for me to grasp is His stillness. I can only see the beauty of stillness when I'm still myself--which was rare before cancer slowed me. It's a great lesson!

An older friend, a dear follower of Jesus, lives in Florida. I just read an e-mail from his wife saying that he'd fallen this week (no broken bones, thankfully). I'm sure it was terribly upsetting, but his reaction was a humorous "Who moved that door casing?" Reminds me to keep a sense of humor handy; we never know when we'll need it!

Have a blessed day.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home