Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, June 05, 2006

Help!

Saturday was a golden day. It was so much fun to see Jeremy and his friends (many of whom have become our friends too) enjoying his open house. Except for Lisa, our entire family was there including precious great grandson Joshua. Chuck's cousins came too. Even the weather was perfect. Croquet, bocce ball, ping pong, ice cream sundaes and conversation entertained the large crowd.

After it was over, Sue served a delicious dinner for the family and close friends, and we enjoyed play time with Joshua. And then I lay in bed--wide awake and filled with dread--for hours and hours. "No," my soul screamed silently, "I can't leave all this any time soon." I tried unsuccessfully to pull my mind back to rational behavior, but it persisted in dragging me along its vortex of despair. No way was I going to wake Chuck up to cry on his shoulder, as the alarm was set at 4:30 am for our 12-hour drive home. Still, I was unable to comfort myself. At last (why did I wait?) I whimpered, "Lord Jesus, please help me." He answered instantaneously. That was my last conscious thought until the alarm sounded.

He gave us a safe and uneventful trip home, and a good night's sleep. We both feel ready for a day's work today. God is faithful!

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Tue Jun 06, 06:02:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

Tears came to my eyes as I read of Jesus'immediate comfort to you. Indeed, why do we wait so long to ask him for comfort? You're not the only one who does. Thanks for the reminder to not wait when we need His help!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home