Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, May 27, 2006

God Can Do Better

Was I clear? I like to maintain a positive outlook, but I don’t want to be unrealistic. Even though my tumor marker numbers have dropped, they did turn around and go back up a bit last time. As far as the doctor knows, I’m still dying. He simply hopes to provide a nice intermission (known as “remission”) before the next relapse, but he doesn’t think he can affect my survival. Now, of course, we all (including the doctor) know that God can do better than that, and that’s what we pray for. And that’s why I keep telling you how much I appreciate your prayers.

My cousin sent a lovely thought based on the Gospel for this Sunday, John 17. Quoting Diane Bergant: “Today’s Gospel depicts a very tender moment. Jesus prays for us; He prays that we might be embraced by God’s protective love as we continue life in this world. Jesus knew its challenges, its disappointments, even its hostility. We may not be happy with certain aspects of this world, but this is where we are and this is what we have . . . . We live “in between” the world we knew and loved and the one that is yet to appear, but we are not alone. We have a God who loves us, a Redeemer who prays for us, and we also have one another.”

So not only do you pray for me and I pray for you. Jesus Himself prays for each of us. We need Him!

I'm glad this week is about over; it was kind of rough. I think I'm better this morning. We're off for Indiana and several days of rest plus time with family. I'll blog as I'm able.

Thanks for being there!

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home