Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, May 26, 2006

Higher Ground

I was about 13 when my paternal grandmother died of colon cancer. It was a dreadful dying. On her last day my aunt was with her in hospital, and she reported that Grandma roused from her coma and sang,

"Lord, lift me up and let me stand by faith on heaven's tableland--
A higher plane than I have found--Lord, lead me on to higher ground."

Then she sank back on her pillow and moved up to "higher ground." I have no idea what God intends for me here--whether two more years or twenty--but however long I have, I want to live by faith on the higher plane that God makes possible by His grace. This is what I mean by my daily prayer request to live fully each day.

Our friend with the eye disease received a wonderful answer to prayer yesterday. The doctor at Duke agreed to accept her as a patient, and even better, he believes the eye will heal! We continue to pray for her, and also for a friend in Michigan who is suffering bleeding in his eye.

I hit a very low point of fatigue yesterday--again. I guess it was presumptuous of me to think that after seven chemotherapy treatments I could sail through without effects. I'm not setting very high achievement goals for today. Tomorrow we'll be driving 12 hours to our lake house in Indiana (maybe my blogs will be erratic for awhile). After a few days of rest there, we'll go to Michigan for the celebration of Jeremy's graduation and Chuck's birthday on June 3. By the way, Jeremy has posted a new "rhyming words" at http://jeremyinafrica.blogspot.com.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home