Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

We Saw it!

How often we've said, "Oh, if only we could be watching at the moment when the baby bluebirds leave the nest!" Our dear Lord honored that desire of our hearts. This morning when we went to the patio with our Bibles, a head was sticking out of the hole in the birdhouse. For a full half hour it remained there, "still as a bird." I suppose it was contemplating this wide wonderful world it had never seen before. Chuck put meal worms in the tray twice and the mother came and chopped them up, but the baby didn't want to eat. At 6:45, with the mother and father looking on from a nearby tree, the fledgling's whole body eased out of the hole and, wonder of wonders, it took off flying toward its parents as though it had been practicing for weeks. Not a single awkward flutter. The parents joined its flight and they all sat awhile on our neighbor's roof. Two babies remain in the house, but I think we need to get on with our day.

Yesterday I worked at home in the morning and five hours at the office in the afternoon and feel no worse for it. I am so thankful to have some energy back. The magazine designer didn't complete the layout for me by the end of the day. I want to say this kindly: I've been editing the magazine for more than five years now, and have never had a designer meet a deadline--even one that he set himself. It was a hard lesson for this driven worker to learn, that artistic types march to a different cadence and no doubt God has made them that way. I need them so totally, because I can't do what they do. We're growing together. They need God's grace to deal with my picky standards, and I need God's grace to deal with unavoidable delays. By His grace, we'll all make it!

Tomorrow morning I'm to get a blood test. Maybe they'll find low enough hemoglobin that they can give me an injection that will boost my energy a bit. (I really hope they won't find a serious problem.) We're moving forward with our plan to leave Friday for a two-week camping trip through the canyons and mountains of the West.

We're continuing to pray for those of you who have told us about crushing medical concerns. May God touch your lives today.

Blessings,
Carol

2 Comments:

At Tue Jun 20, 11:45:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CAROL (AND CHUCK,TOO)
WE HAVE ALSO WATCHED SOME OF OUR BABY BLUE BIRDS TAKE OFF ON THEIR ADVENTURE INTO THIS WORLD AND FELT SO BLESSED...GOD IS AMAZING IN HIS DESIGNS AND HIS CARE OF ALL HIS CREATIONS...I AM SO GLAD YOU BOTH WE ABLE TO SEE THIS...A GIFT TO YOU, FROM GOD
WE LOVE YOU

ANNE & BOB DICKEY

 
At Tue Jun 20, 02:07:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A camping trip out West!! How absolutely wonderful! May you have the energy you want and need, with or without a hemoglobin shot. I have enjoyed the tales of the bluebirds (I saw the first ones I had ever seen just last summer!) and am trying to live out being the light in my mini-tunnels and plowing on through like a steamship, getting that cargo to port! Lots of love to you and Chuck,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home