Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, June 16, 2006

To Leave a Comment

If you'll scroll down to the bottom of any posting and click on Comments, you'll get a frame in which to type a message. If you prefer not to register your name and e-mail address, simply click on Anonymous (you can still sign your name to your message if you wish), and it should upload without any problems.

I wouldn't have believed an adult could sleep so many hours in four days! It's been incredible. I do feel stronger this morning. I have had a constant fever (about 101) and my hemoglobin is low, both of which contribute to the fatigue I'm sure. The neuropathy in my feet is quite a bit worse. So much for a new chemotherapy that will be kinder to me! Also, so much for whining and complaining. I'm done with that. But oh! How I appreciate your prayers.

A couple of mornings ago, I came to the end of the book of Romans in my regular Bible reading. Verses 7 to 9 of chapter 14 seemed particularly relevant to my life right now, although I didn't get any clear impression of which alternative God is planning for me. (As I've said so often, I am truly safe in His hands, regardless.) I'll quote the verses here:

"For we are not our own masters when we live or when we die. While we live, we live to please the Lord. And when we die, we go to be with the Lord. So in life and in death, we belong to the Lord. Christ died and rose again for this very purpose, so that he might be Lord of those who are alive and of those who have died."

Blessings,
Carol

7 Comments:

At Fri Jun 16, 07:26:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for you
every morning after we read
your blog. Do pray that the
new treatment is attacking
the cancer cells - so very
sorry for the side effects.
His grace and strength for
you and Chuck. Pray that
today is much better!!

 
At Fri Jun 16, 08:33:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appreciate your updates each day so we know how to pray for you and Chuck! Sorry to hear the new chemo isn't going so well w/the side effects you are having but pray it is effectively attacking the cancer cells. Trust you will be able to keep your dinner date tonight w/friends!
Enjoyed the pictures you sent of your great grandson, the swans and blue birds! Computers are great for communication w/those who are too far away to visit personally.
Our son, Nathan, has his UPS and DOWNS after his bone marrow transplant as well. Had to return to U of M hospital for 3 weeks but was released May 29th. Praying for his blood levels to increase and the new bone marrow to engraft w/out severe side effects. Would appreciate your continued prayer for him.
Know we are praying for you daily and especially when we see a UPS truck :)!
Blessings,
Barb

 
At Fri Jun 16, 09:21:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Carol Wilson said...

Dear Barb,

We will certainly pray for Nathan. Thanks for telling us about his need. (If you told me earlier, I'd forgotten.)

Blessings,
Carol

 
At Fri Jun 16, 10:40:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is Ken's day of fasting and prayer - so we began the day praying together for you and he dedicates this day to pray for you.

We appreciate so much being able to check in daily to see what God is doing and realize that some of the chemo really does have terrible side affects - but that those can also be blessings in disguise in that they kill those cancer cells. That is what we are asking the Lord for on your behalf now.

We pray for Chuck also - that you both will be able to enjoy tonight with friends for dinner!!

Blessings and our love,
Pat and Ken

 
At Fri Jun 16, 11:20:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Corazon Latino said...

Hi there Carol (and Chuck),

I have been reading your blog daily since February and have been praying for you both. I feel as though you are my good friends and I have never even met you. Thanks for your openess and honesty as you struggle with this horrible disease. You inspire me with your wisdom and love for the Lord. We will be in Charlotte in August so I hope to meet you then.

Many blessings

Richelle Webb

 
At Fri Jun 16, 12:26:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI PRECIOUS ONE..
THANKS FOR HELP WITH COMMENTS...I WAS CLICKING ON THE WRONG THING...
WELL, DUH?, ANNE...
WE PRAY DAILY, AND OFTEN FOR YOU AND CHUCK...WE LOVED THE PICTURES THAT YOU HAVE SENT...YOU KNOW I LOVE THE BIRDS!....WE WERE SITTING ON THE BACK PORCH LAST NIGHT AND HEARD A WHIPPERWILL....THANK YOU GOD FOR THE SONG OF BIRD!
WE LOVE YOU BOTH...
ANNE & BOB DICKEY

 
At Mon Jun 19, 11:40:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not a complainer; you just state the facts so we kow how things are with you. You are so courageous and I am so proud of you because you are "hinging in there" and holding Jesus's Hand. He is still the great physician and your life is in His hands, as mine is.

I can't believe I have lived thru the things I have, for the past 8 years. God has been faithful and has kept me here after each crises, So I know He still has work for me to do, as He does you.
When our work is done, He will take us home. What a wonderful fact we have to look forward too.

After I see Jesus, my parents, and 2 babies, I will look for you, my wonderful cousin who lived for Jesus all of her life. You ask why I am proud of you, look at the end of the previous sentence.

I love you, Carol. Onnie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home