Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Answers to Prayer

Yesterday morning's chemo went well. The nurse found a vein. None of the possible immediate effects from the new drugs happened. They told me that during the first and second days I might feel as though I have a slight case of flu. I decided not to participate. But guess what! I feel as though I have a slight case of flu--nothing serious. I slept well all night.

Yesterday I went to the office, but stayed only a couple of hours. Today I must go, because I have a scheduled telephone conference with the magazine layout designer in Florida. If my body cries for rest, I'll come home.

Last evening I dug out an old video of Victor Borge, the highly amusing Danish musician. We both needed some good laughs, and Victor did not disappoint us.

I appreciate my oncologist a great deal. Still, I resonate with the following which came in a recent card.

A physician will ask you how you feel and what your symptoms are;
The Great physician knows how you feel, and understands wht you are going through.

A physician will have you come to the office;
The Great Physician will stay with you and never leave your side.

A physician will treat you with the best medicine available;
The Great Physician will treat you with the riches of His grace.

A Physician will follow your progress with periodic visits;
The Great Physician will keep you in His constant care.

A physician tries his very best to help you;
The Great Physician assures you that your life couldn't be in better hands.

Thanks for praying for us. We also pray for those of you whose needs we know.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home