Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, June 11, 2006

I'll Borrow None Today

I read the following in the June 9 devotional in Streams in the Desert, and decided to make the last two lines of each stanza my daily litany.

There's a stream of trouble across my path;
It is dark and deep and wide.
Bitter the hour the future hath
When I cross its swelling tide.
But I smile and sing and say:
"I will hope and trust alway;
I'll bear the sorrow that comes tomorrow,
But I'll borrow none today."

Tomorrow's bridge is a dangerous thing;
I dare not cross it now.
I can see its timbers sway and swing,
And its arches reel and bow.
O heart, you must hope alway;
You must sing and trust and say:
"I'll bear the sorrow that comes tomorrow,
But I'll borrow none today."

I did a little yard work yesterday and then the daughter of Chuck's cousin came from Greensboro to spend the day with us. She's a darling, and her visit encouraged and blessed us. She even played the piano for us. Now we're getting ready for church. I'm feeling very well.

Chemo #8 is early tomorrow morning. Since it's a new combination of drugs, we don't know which if any of the predicted side effects will be mine. We're praying the new treatment will be more effective than the old one, and at the same time gentler on my good cells. That's a lot to ask, but we're asking the request of a very powerful God!

Blessings,
Carol and Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home