Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Heroes

Ron and Joan Wiebe are two of my heroes. They're coming to town this Friday and Saturday and despite all the important people they could have chosen to spend time with, they accepted our invitation to have dinner with us Friday evening. I am so looking forward to seeing them. They went to Bolivia as a young couple and poured their lives into hurting and lost young people there. Eventually Ron became Director of the Andes Evangelical Mission, and when that mission merged into SIM the Wiebes were given positions of leadership here in the SIM International headquarters. For awhile Joan's desk was only about six feet from mine and she was a true friend. A few years ago they retired and moved near their adult children. Retired? Hah! They're back in Bolivia now, helping church leaders there develop curriculum and teachers for their children and youth.

I have many other heroes, including my parents and grandparents. The same themes echo in all their lives: faithfulness, compassion, patience, endurance, courage, humility and humor. See why I'm looking forward to Friday?

Except for two good hours at the office I spent most of yesterday sleeping, and still I slept well through the night. At one point when we were both awake, I mentioned my pounding head and Chuck prayed for it. The next time I woke up, it was gone. My pulse is still fast, but I'm not hearing it in my head. I still feel wiped out and I'm not planning to accomplish much today. The new chemo is meaner than the doctor expected. Hope that means it's also battling the remaining cancer cells wherever they're hiding.

I appreciate your prayers so much.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home