Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, June 17, 2006

A friend habitually fasts in prayer one day each month; yesterday was his day for this month. His wife told me in the morning that he was dedicating the day to me. I can't express how humbling and encouraging was his rare gift to me. And, in fact, my strength improved as the day went on. I'm still "standin' in the need of prayer," as the dear old slave song says.

A comment left on a recent blog tells about Barb's son Nathan, who had a stem-cell transplant months ago and still needs prayer that the cells will engraft properly and he will regain health. Let's pray for Nathan.

Last evening's visit with Ron and Joan Wiebe was all we hoped for and more. Friends are so precious, as you well know!

Dr. David Zimmerman of Atlanta offers "grief relief" seminars. His acrostic on RELIEF offers good advice for facing cancer or any other loss.

R - Realize the loss vs denying it. Admit "It happened."
E - Experience the pain vs protesting it. Admit "I hurt."
L - Let time help vs. despairing. Admit "I need time."
I - Increase fellowship vs. isolation. Admit "I need you."
E - Evaluate loss vs. lingering in depression. Say "I will work at learning from this."
F - Face the future with hope vs. merely resigning to loss. Say "I will grow through this."

I have some work to do in some of those areas.

It's going to be a beautiful day here. God is good.

Love,
Carol

3 Comments:

At Sat Jun 17, 08:28:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

Thanks, Carol, for the "grief relief". Our extended family recently went through a hard time. Not a loss, but difficult and this acrostic is helpful to me. Guess what? When the proprietor trimmed the bushes under our bedroom window, he discovered a robin's nest with three little blue eggs in it. So now I can look out my bedroom window and right down into the robin's nest. How "lucky" is that? God is so good in even the small pleasures he gives us.

 
At Sat Jun 17, 06:11:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Carol Wilson said...

Hey, Hannatu, I'm thrilled about your robin eggs. You should be able to watch the entire process of their hatching, feeding, eliminating (just wait!), and finally fledging. We once had robins' nests right outside our dining room window several years in a row. We felt like robin experts. Take your pleasure gladly.
Carol

 
At Mon Jun 19, 07:11:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

The only bad thing is that we're going to be traveling so much in the next 6 weeks that we'll probably miss the whole thing! :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home