Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, July 28, 2006

Thank You

Thank you for praying me through another kemo swamp. Yesterday I was able to put in a full day's work. (Well, I came home at 3:00 to rest, and then in the evening I felt well enough to work a couple more hours.) This morning I feel quite well; only the neuropathy in my hands and feet reminds me that I'm in a war.

The theologian Karl Barth, in his very old age, was asked by some of his students to name the most profound theogical truth he had ever encountered. He replied, "Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so." Yesterday I received a new version of that precious children's song from the friends my mother and I met in Mexico. If you too are past the stage of "little ones," you might like these words:

Jesus loves me, this I know, Though my hair is white as snow.
Though my sight is growing dim, Still He bids me trust in Him.

Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes, Jesus loves me,
Yes, Jesus loves me, The Bible tells me so.

Though my steps are oh, so slow, With my hand in His I'll go.
On through life, let come what may, He'll be there to lead the way. (CHORUS)

When the nights are dark and long, In my heart He puts a song.
Telling me in words so clear, "Have no fear, for I am near." (CHORUS)

When my work on earth is done, And life's victories have been won.
He will take me home above, Then I'll understand His love.

Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes, Jesus loves me,
Yes, Jesus loves me, The Bible tells me so.

And there is hope and comfort for the day!
Love,
Carol

3 Comments:

At Fri Jul 28, 07:44:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger dsrowles said...

I pray for you daily and enjoyed the song. You had quite a trip to the west and I have enjoyed following your travels. If you make a trip to the beach this fall, stop and see us in Sanford.

Doug Rowles

I will keep praying.

 
At Fri Jul 28, 07:59:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, beloved friend. I'm so glad you're feeling well after your kemo treatment. Might your every day be filled with His Presence as you live it to the fullest. Might all of ours be as such. Praying for you and loving you. Love to Chuck. Robin Lee

 
At Fri Jul 28, 09:38:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

You are amazing, kemo and all. I love the song!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home