Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, August 11, 2006

Are You FROGgin'?

Quite a few people responded to yesterday's blog about "FROG" (Fully Rely On God) Faith. My brother suggested that "Are you FROGgin'?" would be a good slogan. I awoke at 2 this morning with a lot on my mind. Our magazine designer notified me of a wrinkle in their schedule which requires me to provide copy and images two weeks earlier than normal. Some of the overseas people whose approval I need haven't yet responded; probably they're out of office. And as always, the search for dynamic photos is a challenge. So I lay there, wide awake, mentally paging through the stories, frankly fretting. Then I remembered FROG.

So I whispered, "God, I must rely on You, because otherwise I'll fail and the whole thing will go up in flames." No peace. Of course not! That's way too negative. I tried again. "God, I rely on You because I can-- because You are totally reliable. This is Your work and I'm turning it over to You." Then I fell asleep.

Part of my anxiety was due to the effects of chemo lingering through yesterday; I was better, but not yet right. What does that imply for the future? On that matter, too, I choose to FROG.

This afternoon we're going to Asheville for a weekend family reunion with my four siblings, several cousins, and spouses. We're so looking forward to being together. Some of their travel will be complicated by the airline situation. But oh, how we thank God that the terrorist plot was discovered; let's keep praying for peace. I'm not sure I'll have access to the internet for the next couple of days; if I can, I'll meet you here again tomorrow.

We laughed out loud last evening. Someone sent a comedy DVD titled "I Walked on the Moon." Thanks, whoever you are.

Love,
Carol

2 Comments:

At Fri Aug 11, 06:32:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Hi there Carol. Do you need spare photos for emergencies? We have a few nice shots from our time in Niger if you'd like to use them. I'd probably have to post them to you (although I could email you a selection to choose from first). Just let me know if we can be of help in this area.

 
At Fri Aug 11, 08:09:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Joylynn Rasmussen said...

Enjoy Asheville! I'll be thinking of you and your family:)
Love,
Joylynn

P.S. Thor has been here just over a week and is settling in nicely. He starts classes Monday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home