Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Mystery and Wonder

As I waited for our dial-up to connect, I read the letter we received yesterday from our Sunday School teacher. Now I can't wait for class tomorrow morning. It's about the mystery and wonder of "Why Am I Here?" The assignment is to read chapters 1 and 2 of Hebrews, and focus on verse 10 of chapter 2. Tom says, "It's neither simple nor simplistic. If it were, it wouldn't be worth contemplating. . . . If you can celebrate mystery, including the glory and mystery of existence, love, salvation, and even suffering, join me for a wonder-filled hour Sunday morning." So as soon as I close this, I'm going to read Hebrews 1 and 2. Care to join me? On Monday I'll pass along a bit of what we learn.

As usual, I climbed out of the kemo hole yesterday and went to work for five hours. In the evening we joined some local friends for dinner with Pennsylvania friends who had come to town for a wedding. What precious treasures friends are! Jeremy came too; he's a treasure also.

I have a strange wrinkle from kemo this time, and I realize I should have called the doctor's office before they closed for the weekend. The I-V site is slightly swollen and warm, and several inches of that arm ache a little. It doesn't seem alarming yet. I'd be grateful if you'd pray with me that it all clears up. Thanks.

Have a blessed weekend.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home