Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Still FROGgin'

This pewter dress pin is Chuck's anniversary gift to me. Another reminder to Fully Rely On God! We are blessed, aren't we, to follow One Who is fully reliable and Whose purposes are always perfect.

Eugene Peterson warns against making God into a mere idol--someone we use to get things done that we want. It's His kingdom that we seek, His will we pursue, His glory we desire. But it's easy to focus on my kingdom, my will, my glory--and use prayer as a genie with which to get my wishes granted. I visited a Hindu temple once, and I can't forget the sights: men rubbing honey and milk on the belly of grotesque images, chanting prayers, hoping to appease the "god" and secure his favor.

I'm tired today as a result of yesterday's kemo. I was somewhat nauseous during the treatment and also last evening, but that's better this morning. I'm sure I'll sleep today, but I also intend to listen to music and do some good reading. Somehow the fax with my CA 125 report never got into the doctor's hands, so he hadn't had an opportunity to figure out the discrepancy in the numbers and is as confused as we are. He said he'd call the lab and ask about it. He is really delighted by how well I feel (most of the time) and by my consistently positive regular blood work. That is surely a gift from God.

You are dear to continue to stand with us in caring and praying.

Love,
Carol

2 Comments:

At Wed Sep 06, 08:23:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so thankful the l3th treat-
ment is over and do pray, as always,that the chemo is attacking and destroying only the bad cells. We will be praying that
today will be better for you -
maybe you need to just rest.
The pin is precious - ya'll are
a special couple.
Blessings,
Judy + 2

 
At Wed Sep 06, 09:31:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

G'day Carol, just wondering if my photos arrived safely? Thanks for continuing to share, still praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home