Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Time

We're wrapping up our vacation today. By 5 a.m. Monday we'll be heading back to Charlotte. Then after we handle some timely things at our respective offices, we'll head to the oncologist's office for chemo Tuesday afternoon. We hope he'll be able to explain the confusing CA 125 scores.

A friend gave me a new book about growing intimacy with Jesus. I'm eager to get into it. So I began to feel sad about the way my mind and soul tend to shut down for about three days following chemo. It's like I crawl into a deep hole and pull the lid down--no interest in reading or even in listening to music. I got the idea of praying that God would help me overcome that dullness this time. I won't complain about being weary. But I'll be very grateful if He will give me some mental and spiritual energy for worshiping Him and reading. Maybe you could help me pray for that. Thanks.

The message at church this morning was about time--cutting back on busyness in order to have time for relationship with God. It was great, as was the singing.

No posting on Monday. I plan to be back in touch on Tuesday.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home