Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Winding Down

Our time in Indiana is winding down. There's been lots of good interaction with family and friends.

Thursday a friend sent an e-mail in which she mentioned the extreme applicability of Ephesians 4:3 to a situation we both know about. Amazingly, I had read the same verse that very morning. It's been on my mind ever since, and I spent some more time with it this morning. I'll share it, starting with verse 2: Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love. Always keep yourselves united in the Holy Spirit, and bind yourselves together with peace.

I confess that sometimes I've "made allowance for the faults of others," because I assumed they were too weak or ignorant to do better. Isn't that arrogant? Here it says to make allowance because of love. Better principle, for sure.

God is continuing to answer prayer and I'm still feeling well. I can't explain why I'm so blessed, but I'm thankful.

We'll be heading home early Monday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home