Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, September 07, 2006

As Promised . . .



Here's the swan family in front of our lake house in Indiana. We feel so blessed that they continue to stay in our little corner of the lake. The babies are catching up to the parents in size, aren't they?

God answered prayer. I stayed in bed all day, but enjoyed several hours of listening to CDs and about one hour of good reading. It's amazing how meaningful music can be when it's not mere background noise. Here are the words of the final song on Steven Curtis Chapman's album "All Things New."

What can I do / How can I live / To show my world / The treasure of Jesus?
What will it take / What could I give / So they can know / The treasure He is?
And if I can sing / Let my songs / Be full of His glory.
If I can speak / Let my words be full of His grace.
And if I should live or die / Let me be found / Pursuing this prize-- The One that alone satisfies / The treasure of Jesus.

And now I'm tired, so I'll head back to bed. Thanks for your love and prayers.

Carol

3 Comments:

At Thu Sep 07, 07:28:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your testimony is beautiful. Thank you. With love and prayers from Hungary, Nancy

 
At Thu Sep 07, 09:33:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

That's so great that you were able to listen to the music and words! One BIG Steven CC fan here, I've got most of his CD's including that one. We left our wedding reception to 'The Great Adventure' and my favourite song would be For the Sake of the Call.

 
At Thu Sep 07, 11:01:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Joylynn Rasmussen said...

Happy Anniversary Chuck & Carol!!! 47 years - God is amazing.
Miss you,
Joylynn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home