Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Don't Miss a Chance

In a recent blog I reminded myself and all of us that every encounter is a chance to show love and encouragement. Last night I woke up realizing that I'd missed such an opportunity yesterday. It's so easy to cocoon myself in my own busyness and fail to notice the quiet voice of God saying, "There, that person--see what you can do to encourage him."

Hebrews 11, our lesson for this morning, says "...faith is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see." One thing I want to ask God for, in faith, is a listening ear--both to hear His voice and also to hear another's silent call for help in the midst of an ordinary conversation.

We had a semi-Thanksgiving dinner yesterday in celebration of all the past Thanksgivings in Michigan that Chuck's cousin's family used to share with us. To our delight, my cousin Paul and his colleague were in town to speak at a mission conference, and they joined in our "Thanksgiving" as well. I'm thankful for family.

I'm thankful also to feel quite well, and looking forward to learning to know God better at church this morning. Our guests have a long drive ahead of them and must leave after breakfast. Then a dear missionary friend is passing through and will come to spend the afternoon and overnight with us. Wonderful.

Have a blessed day.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home