Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, November 24, 2006

Yesterday afternoon nostalgia struck, and I got to telling the grandchildren some stories from my childhood. Then this morning as I was lying awake, I retrieved another memory that gave me a smile and an emotional boost. Hanging in the archway between our kitchen and dining room was a simple plaque:

Overheard in an Orchard
Said the robin to the sparrow, "I should really like to know
Why these anxious human beings rush about and worry so."
Said the sparrow to the robin, "Friend, I think that it must be
That they have no heavenly Father such as cares for you and me."

I'm sure you can imagine the cumulative effect on a child's soul from reading such a reminder of the Father's care day after day. The Bible says, after all, that we are far more precious to Him than the birds.

While I was in the mood for reflection, I thought of another plaque we lived with:

Christ is the Head of this house,
The unseen Guest at every table,
The silent Listener to every conversation.

I suppose many of my senior friends also have similar memories.

Then this morning I read, "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight" (Hebrews 4:13). No matter what or whom I'm "anxious and worried" about, knowing that God sees and knows takes the load off me. Off you, too!

I'm feeling well. Thanks for your love and prayers. We'll be traveling back to North Carolina on Sunday.

By the way, the swans are still on the lake, but they're staying out in the middle now that the boats are gone.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home