Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Dark and Scarey Place

Dear friends, if you're walking in a dark and scarey place and if I know about it, I was probably thinking about you last night. We're at the lake, by ourselves, and went to bed so early that I had some awake time during the night when my thoughts went to people I care a lot about who are in difficult circumstances right now. So I worried awhile, and then prayed. Then I opened my eyes and saw the little illuminated FROG sculpture that Chuck brought along with us. It reminded me that all of us--you and I both--need to Fully Rely On God when we're in dark places. I hope you're doing that. I want that to be the rule of my life too. And also to POG (Praise Our God).

I've been thinking that if I never see another smile or get another hug, if I never hear another kind word or have another pain-free day, if I never again feel the warmth of the sun or listen to a beautiful piece of music--if I never experience another blessing in this life, I've still got so much to thank God for that thanksgiving could be a permanent condition. I hope it will be. And especially since the things I just listed and so much more appear to be continuing for awhile at least. God is so good! And then, most essential, He is faithful both to keep all His promises and to take me safely home to His presence for ever. Thanks, God, for Yourself and for everything.

Chuck is breathing much better. Someone must have prayed for him. This cold weather is always hard on him.

We're enjoying our family.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home