Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, November 17, 2006

Saturday's Posting

Saturday, November 18

I should travel more! On Friday I finished all the tasks I needed to do before leaving for a week, and then I even cleaned my desk. It looked so good I felt I should warn people not to start a rumor that I was retiring. I’ll be back. We’re having a lot of trouble with our connection to the internet, so I’ll just have to upload this whenever it works.

Friday’s praises in 31 Days of Praise were relevant—at least to me and I think to others as well. So I’ll quote part of the reading here.

“Thank You that You have me in the place You want me just now . . . that even if I got here through wrong choices or indifference or even rebellion, yet You knew my mistakes and sins before I ever existed, and You worked them into Your plan to draw me to Yourself, to mold and bless me, and to bless others through me. Thank You that, even if I’m here through the ill-will or poor judgment of other people, all is well; for in Your sovereign wisdom You are at work to bring about good results from all those past decisions, those past events beyond my control—good results both for me and for others.

“I’m glad, Lord that You are . . . well able to work things out for us, to turn evil into good. I stand amazed at the complexity and mystery of Your wisdom. How safe it is for me to trust Your reasons and Your methods.

“So I rest in the fact that You have me in this place for this day, and I praise You that You will faithfully guide me throughout life to just where You want me to be, as I seek to do Your well. And most important of all is my place in You. And to think that I will dwell in Your house forever!”

Those are good additions to my Thanksgiving list.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home