Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, November 17, 2006

Remember . . .

I read about a rising young Broadway star (the new Mary Poppins). She said her father had given her a mantra: "Remember who you are and where you came from." That's not bad. But this is even better: "Remember Whose you are and where you're going." First, I am God's. I am His because He made me, and I'm His because He redeemed me through Christ's death, and I'm His because I want to be. (Any other owner, including myself, is a tyrant.) Second, I am going on a journey of His design, and ultimately to the place where He is. The more I think about it, the better I like this "mantra." (I just remembered that Tom told us on Sunday that our best motivation is not the past but the future. Got it, Tom.) Maybe I'll write more on this another day.

We just learned that last week a dear friend drove his SUV under (yes, under) the back end of a huge tractor-trailer and was trapped there for almost an hour. Miraculously, when rescue workers extricated him, he emerged with only minor injuries. We saw a picture of the remnants of his car. It was a miracle. We pray for him and his wife and their ministry every day; I can't say we've ever thought to pray for safety, but nevertheless we accept this good outcome as a direct answer to prayer.

Starting tomorrow we'll be away for eight days. I'll be in touch when I can, but maybe not every day.

You know how it is when you want to leave your desk for a week. I really need a clear and disciplined mind today. And I need to continue to Fully Rely On God for His continuing control over my cancer, health and future.

Thanks for praying.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home