Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Things Are Not what They Seem

I'm still chuckling over this one:
A plane needed a one-hour delay at an airport, so the passengers were allowed to get off and stretch their legs. A blind man traveling with his guide dog chose to remain seated. Apparently he was a frequent traveler, because the de-planing pilot recognized him and asked him if he wouldn't like to walk a bit. "No," he replied, "but I'll bet my dog would like some exercise." So his pilot friend, wearing sun glasses, picked up the guide dog's leash and led him up the jetway. At once there was a mad scramble as the waiting passengers ran to nearby desks to change to another flight--to another airline, if possible. Their conclusion seemed accurate--but, of course, they were wrong. I hate to think how often I have rushed to judgment on a person, a situation, even God, when I've been dead wrong. Things are not what they seem.

I'm still feeling well and keeping an almost-normal schedule. "New" normal, anyway. I'm starting my Thanksgiving list early this year; it will be long. We plan to drive to Michigan on Saturday to spend the weekend with daughter Sue and her family. Monday we'll be back in our old hometown, Lansing, Michigan, and will spend the afternoon at the food court at Meridian Mall, where we've invited our friends to drop in for a hug. Then we'll spend the rest of the week, including Thanksgiving Day on Thursday, at our lake house in Indiana for more family time.

I was skimming the AARP magazine, and had to laugh at an article describing radical steps we could take to keep our hands from revealing our true age. Oh my goodness! When you're alive, why would you worry about veins and wrinkles?

Have a great day.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home