Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, January 20, 2007

God's Promises

Last evening, as you know, several of us who face serious health issues got together for mutual encouragement. It was sweet. (I stayed up too late enjoying the glow, as I usually do after a party, which is why I'm so late for this date this morning. Great and restful sleep!)

One friend, who has battled a series of health crises all her life, shared this poem. Her pastor gave it to her during a hospitalization at the age of 17, and she says the truth of it has given her strength for everything she has faced since then.

God has not promised skies always blue,
flower strewn pathways all our lives through.
God has not promised sun without rain,
joy without sorrow,
peace without pain.
But God has promised strength for the day,
rest for the laborer,
light on the way,
grace for the trial,
help from above,
unfailing sympathy,
undying love. (author unknown)

I was mistaken about the friend with kidney failure. Her procedure yesterday was not to get her on the transplant list, but rather more routine. It appears the doctor's staff simply haven't yet sent the paperwork to the hospital to begin the scheduling for the work-up. So now I'm praying they'll "hop to it." (Makes me grateful for the wonderful staff at my oncologist's office, who seem so sensitive to the urgent concerns of the patients.)

Today will be a quiet day. I am feeling well. Tomorrow afternoon, unless the threatened ice storm closes the roads, I plan to go to an organizational meeting for the Justice Project, an outreach to a fragile Charlotte neighborhood. Then it kicks off the following Sunday. Several churches and groups are cooperating on this.

Daughter Karin reports that the pain in her eye has diminished a great deal, and the resulting headaches have almost vanished. Thanks for praying.

Have a blessed weekend.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home