Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, January 19, 2007

Hearts Are Mended

This will be the final Nassau photo. It’s one twig on two large shrubs called adenium (sp?) that frame the view from my sister’s breakfast bay window.

In the presence of Jehovah, God Almighty, Prince of Peace,
Troubles vanish, hearts are mended,
In the presence of the King.

That’s a song on one of two CDs my sister gave me as we left Nassau. I listened to them non-stop Wednesday afternoon as I rested following kemo. The song goes on to say, “So there is never any reason to give up in despair / Just look away and breathe his name / He will come and meet you there.”

Our Nassau friend with two masses on his lung (seated left in photo below) proved the truth of those words. As you know, he tried unsuccessfully on Friday to get through to Cleveland Clinic. He waited through the weekend. When on Monday he was again unable to reach past voice mail, frustration mounted. Then, he told me, he got quiet and spent some time with the Lord. He sensed God saying, “I’ve got it all under control. You can trust me.” When we arrived at their home for dinner, he was obviously at peace.

On Tuesday he learned that Clinic staff had tried several times to return his calls but found the circuits busy. He is now scheduled for a Pet scan on January 24, and will meet the surgeon on the 25th. Surgery is tentatively set for Monday the 29th. Lots to pray for!
Yesterday, like last week on day 2, my cheeks were flushed and my face felt hot. But that was all. No sickness, no extreme fatigue. I enjoyed a good day at work. The Lord keeps answering prayers, day by day. I’m so thankful.

This evening several friends are coming for a simple supper. One person in each couple is facing serious health issues, and it will be our privilege to encourage one another.

A good chuckle came in yesterday’s email. Do you realize that in about 40 years, we’ll have thousands of old tattooed ladies running around? (If you wear a tattoo, please forgive me. I'm not laughing at you.)

Blessings,

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home