Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, January 22, 2007

Kamikaze Servanthood

The Justice Project is led by Lisa, a persuasive visionary with beautiful ideas and huge courage. The planning meeting yesterday afternoon was electric. Thirty families in the selected neighborhood have already turned in cards marked with the kinds of help they need, and about 150 individuals (mostly from churches) are available at some level to help. Lisa calls it a "goodness movement." Isaiah 58 describes the DNA of the project. Verses 10-11: "Feed the hungry and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as day. The Lord will guide you continually, watering your life when you are dry and keeping you healthy, too. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring." Lisa is also the founder and director of Charlotte's 24-7 urban prayer room. Several months ago, grandson Jeremy and I spent a fantastic evening there. (www.charlotte24-7.com)

Another miracle day. I'm awake, alive, and feeling well. Limping due to deeply cracked skin on my heel. This is common with kemo, and I guess I've been careless about skin maintenance. Everything I'm "supposed" to do takes so much time, and I do get neglectful, but I'll try to be more careful.

Tomorrow I'll get a blood test to measure the tumor marker. Everyone says, "It's only a number." I say it myself. But I confess I'm very interested in the result, since humanly-medically speaking, it's the best predictor of where this is all heading. It was over 344 last time--not good. Some friends are praying for 50 this time. Faith! Up or down, God is still in total control, and I know that well.

Saturday's poem, "What God Has Promised," was by Annie Johnson Flint. Thanks to my uncle Reuben for that bit of research.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home