Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Learning God

Our Sunday school teacher says, "The main reason our prayers are sometimes too small, or off-target, or doubting, or infrequent, or ineffectual [is due to] our perception of the God to whom we are praying." I'm really looking forward to tomorrow morning. "Last Sunday we explored the ask/respond relationship within the Trinity. Jesus clearly told us that He does whatever the Father asks, and the Father does what the Son asks, because that is how love is demonstrated within the Trinity. The essential love language of the cosmos, God's natural love language, is the continuous interaction of asking and responding. Incredibly, we are invited to enter into that love communication--to ask and then receive, to be asked and to obey. Our side of this is to ask (God feels loved when we ask, He waits to respond in love to being asked) and to obey when He does the asking (He expresses love by asking, He waits to receive the love we express through responding to what He asks of us)."

We talk a lot about prayer when people we love are in pain or other kind of distress. I feel a need to pause and refresh my view of the One I'm praying to. Billions of people in other religions recite rote prayers, often with their faces to the ground, without the least clue of the nature of the one to whom they pray. We have a fabulous Book that tells us clearly what God is like. Blessed, we are!

I'm still feeling well, as long as I can keep my early appointment with bedtime. It's a nuisance, because I always want to keep doing stuff, but it's a small price to pay for every morning's fresh start.

Thank you for caring and praying.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home