Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

185.23

My CA 125 is down to 185.23 from the previous reading of 344. The numbers have been climbing ever since the low reading of 40 on April 24, 2006. This is the first time since then that we've seen a decline. Yes, it's only a number, but we're certainly thanking the Lord for this encouragement. Thanks so much for your prayers, and for celebrating with us.

"For since the world began, no ear has heard, and no eye has seen a God like you, who works for those who wait for him." Isaiah 64:4

Two Bahamian friends are having medical tests today: one a heart stress test, and the other a PET scan (in Florida) for what the doctor says is likely lung cancer. Both are in our constant prayers.

By the way, Charles Wesley, whose hymn I quoted in this morning's blog below, was born 300 years ago this year. Also, the book by Lou Holtz is titled Wins, Losses, and Lessons. Just in case you're interested.

4 Comments:

At Wed Jan 24, 02:04:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

carol,
we are thrilled with the good news...and so thankful along with you and chuck...PREAISE GOD!
A&B

 
At Wed Jan 24, 06:45:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Steve K. said...

Hey Carol,

I'm definitely celebrating with you!

As a Minnesotan who used to claim him as one of our own, I believe the name is Lou Holtz (not Lou Holst). I thought you'd want to know!

Shalom,
Steve K.

 
At Thu Jan 25, 06:48:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Carol Wilson said...

Thanks, Steve K. I'm embarrassed about Holtz. And I'm an editor! But I'm not a football fan; is that an excuse?

Thanks for celebrating with me.

Carol

 
At Thu Jan 25, 08:07:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

This news has just made my day!!! Thats so exciting, I'm jumping up and down! PTL!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home