Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, January 26, 2007

A Moment of Envy

A colleague learned last week that her lymphoma, which she has fought for ten years, was recurring. The good news was a new breakthrough in treating that kind of cancer. It's very effective and she'll feel better almost immediately after the first infusion. I confess to a moment of generalized envy. When will a breakthrough happen for ovarian cancer?

Fifty years ago, I was beginning my final semester as a senior at the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. I sat in Moody Church during Founder's Week (annual Bible conference always held the week of DL Moody's birthday) and watched a group of very old people file on stage in celebration of their 50th graduation anniversary. This year it's our turn. A week from tomorrow we'll drive north again (please, no snow!), spend the weekend with some of our kids and grands, and go to Chicago for Monday through Wednesday (February 5-7). I am so eager to see many who were dear friends. They can't all be there, of course, and some have already died. I expect to see at least two much-loved professors who retired and stayed in the area.

I can't move on without sharing Job 19:26-27. "But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and that he will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God. I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought."

Yesterday's PET scan further confirmed the likelihood of cancer in our friend's lung and also in nodes on his windpipe. He'll have a surgical biopsy on the 29th. The miracle they report is that God is filling their hearts with overwhelming peace. Oh, how we pray!

Love,
Carol

3 Comments:

At Fri Jan 26, 03:01:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a recent (2006) MBI alumna who stumbled across your blog today...your words were an encouragement to me. Hope your trip to Chicago is safe and memorable! --Karen

 
At Fri Jan 26, 03:10:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Carol Wilson said...

Dear Karen,
How nice to hear from you. I hope you loved MBI as much as I did/do.
Carol

 
At Mon Feb 05, 10:59:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, and still work there (Public Relations)! Perhaps I'll meet you this week. --Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home