Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, February 26, 2007

The Justice Project

The "Kids' Krew" for the Justice Project got together last evening (Thursday's meeting got cancelled), and we're making progress. Our first weekly activity with the kids will be Thursday, March 22. Meanwhile, the teams for home improvement, radical hospitality, community building, and several others whose names I forget are also getting started. Chuck and I are easily--by decades--the oldest people in the entire project. That's good. We admire the energy and commitment of the young professionals we'll we working with. If you're curious, you can find more information at justiceproject.typepad.com. The director promised to post notes from yesterday's meeting early this week. The name"Justice" comes from our DNA-defining passage, Isaiah 58. The director of the project, Lisa, also founded and directs the 24-7 prayer room in the same neighborhood. I've written about that before. Its website is charlotte24-7.com, and it's fascinating.

This morning I need to upload all the files for the next magazine to the designer's website for download. One important photo from Ethiopia still hasn't arrived, and I think SIM's email server is having problems. I'm sure we'll survive without this picture, but I'm praying that God will bring it through.

I'm very aware that being alive and feeling well this morning are not my "right," but are instead a miraculous gift from the Great Physician. Thank you so much for your care and prayers.

Isaiah 58:10-11
"Feed the hungry and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as day. The Lord will guide you continually, watering your life when you are dry and keeping you healthy, too. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring."

Blessings on your day,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Mon Feb 26, 04:54:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger linda said...

I live in Fort Mill, so I would love to come see everything y'all are involved in! I checked the website but didn't find all that much info.. I might try to comment there to get something- or I will maybe hear from you. thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home