Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, February 09, 2007

A Matter of Heart

Home again! We drove up the driveway last evening with words of thanks to the Lord for safety through so many miles and such bitterly cold weather. It's cold here too, but not like Chicago.

As we traveled yesterday I caught up on my reading through the one-year Bible. In Exodus 16:28, I read a question God asked that tore at my heart: "How long will these people refuse to obey my commands and instructions?" He wasn't asking for information; He already knew every act of rebellion and mistrust that would continue right up until today. Instead, God's question was an emotional outburst. He had lovingly given the Israelites a miraculous escape from Egypt only a month before, and already they were living as though He didn't exist--or didn't care about them. It's a matter of heart. God's heart longed for the people's hearts to be His. He still does, winning our love by endless acts of care and deliverance. CS Lewis said, "Duty is only a substitute for love." That's my "heart thought" for Valentine's Day next week.

Our dear friend Becky, who directed our mission's work in Sudan until her retirement, had knee replacement surgery on Monday. On Wednesday a C-T scan revealed "many" blood clots in her lungs. We're praying that God will keep them immobile until He dissolves them (she's on a couple of medications for that, of course). While in Chicago Dick, who has remained a close friend all these 50 years, told us that his PSA (prostate cancer marker) has begun to inch upward again. God, please zap whatever is developing.

I do not ever want to be presumptuous about God's kindness to me, or mindless of your loving prayers for me. When I wake up on kemo morning with no hint of dread and full expectation of continuing to feel well, it's with a deep sense of gratitude, unworthiness, and FROGgin' (Fully Relying On God). By the way, back in Chicago, the view out of our hotel window was of the huge frog that sprawls atop every "Rain Forest Cafe." Sweet reminder!

Blessings,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Fri Feb 23, 08:15:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so excited this morning to read about your CA125 number. I kept looking several times (up until 10pm last night) and when I didn't see a new or second blog I assumed you didn't get back to writing about it. I didn't look and read down to see that you had inserted it into the original message. It kind of set me thinking as to how we sometimes "miss" what the Lord has because of not "rereading" at times when there is something hidden from us the first time.

Praise the Lord for your improved number - but mostly that you are feeling good and continue to be able to engage in "new things"

Thank you for your special thoughts of me for my birthday in the midst of your very full and challenging time.

Love, Pat Kleidon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home