Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Power of Imagination

Imagination! I was reading an old devotional by Amy Carmichael, a missionary famed for rescuing children from temple prostitution in India in the last century. She quoted Isaiah 26:3 and made the point that the word we usually read as "mind" is really "imagination" in the Hebrew language of the psalmist. I did some research and found that she was right.

"You will keep in perfect peace the ones whose imagination is fixed on You."

Isn't it true that most of our un-peace happens as we imagine what lies ahead? When I'm using my imagination to project into the future, its pain or loss or confusion--that's when I don't have peace. I'm rarely troubled by the present moment. In fact, without exception, when real trouble has struck, I have experienced the "peace that is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand," as promised in Philippians 4:7. So it's only my imagination that has the power to remove peace--not circumstances but imagination. Our imagination is better invested in seeing God present and active in our lives, and remembering His goodness and power.

Now I have wonderful news: my "cancer buddy," the friend whose inoperable lung cancer was discovered a year ago, heard yesterday that his latest C-T scan shows no evidence of tumors in his lung and continuing shrinkage of the affected lymph node. Oh, there was celebrating here! He will receive two more chemo treatments, and then the doctor believes he'll be in remission. Thank You, Lord!

Good news of a different sort regarding the young father who was suffering in hospice in Chicago: he has gone to heaven. That's good for him, but his family and friends continue to need prayer as they grieve. A friend in Australia asked prayer for a similar situation. It is so hard to see young families devastated by death!

We appreciate your prayers so much. Every day of life and wellbeing is surely God's answer!

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home