Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Changing my Story

I've always insisted that I didn't like gardening. Partly, I think, because I don't really how to do it well, and partly because I'd rather be doing something sedentary like reading. But yesterday, after we spent a half day tidying our garden beds for the coming summer, I changed my story. I like gardening. I like it a lot better than lying in the hospital or getting kemo. I like doing it because I can (even if not expertly). I like doing it because it looks so good when the work is finished. Funny how words shape attitudes and attitudes shape emotions!

That reminds me of yesterday's reading in 31 Days of Praise. "Thank You for all the ways I'm inadequate, for they prod me to trust in You and not in myself...and i'm grateful that my adequacy comes from You, the all-sufficient God who is enough. Thank You that I can trust You to remove or change any of my weaknesses and handicaps and shortcomings the moment they are no longer needed for Your glory, and for my good, and for the good of other people..and that in the meantime, Your grace is sufficient for me, for Your strength is made perfect in my weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9).

This morning a friend is going to church with us and she's bringing her friend along. We're excited about that.

Yesterday I begged daughter Sue to send a photo of her first attempt at painting (a copy of a work by an artist she admires). I'm pretty impressed, and uploaded it below in case you'd like to see it.

Have a blessed Sunday.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home