Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Me Rich?

When I talked with Carol last evening, she was awaiting the arrival of our grandson James, his wife Liz, and our great grandson Joshua, at a restaurant somewhere between Milwaukee and Madison, Wisconsin. Carol’s brother Phil and his wife are providing the transportation for her. I am sure that they had a wonderful time together. I hope to hear all about it later today.

Have you ever noticed how after hearing something, or more likely having written out your thoughts, your subconscious keeps bringing it to the forefront of your mind during the day, and even on occasion will attach dreams to it? Well, that is what King Asa from yesterdays blog did to me.

I was reminded of a Proverb (30:7-9) that I first heard a dear friend, Cleon Morrill, discuss in a class some forty-five years ago. “Oh God, I beg two favors from you before I die. First, help me never to tell a lie. Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, ‘Who is the LORD?’ And if I am too poor, I my steal and thus insult God’s holy name.”

Right away my very human nature wants to say “You need to listen Bill Gates, Warren Buffett” (or one of those rich guys). But then I recall another friend pointing out that every one of us is rich if we have a choice. Right, I though. If I have to decide whether to drive the BMW or the Jaguar today. But he quickly brought me back to reality saying that if I looked into the cupboard this morning and made a choice about breakfast cereal, I am rich! Many today have no choice, but would be thrilled for a simple crust of bread. Okay Lord, you are speaking to me too!

Carol has often said that keeping a journal and doing a daily blog keeps her mind better focused. Well, it sure has done that for me. At this age, I need every help possible to keep my mind better focused and focused on better things. How about you?

I trust that each of us today will be focused on God’s goodness, mercy, grace, love and ________. (I will let you fill in the blank). As another good friend and teacher, Tom Bowers asks us each week in class, “Tell me about God.” Well, my mind will work on that one today.

Have a wonderful day!

Chuck…and Carol who returns Wednesday. I can hardly wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home