Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, March 09, 2007

A Skipping Revolution?

Yesterday after my two-hour stint at the office I took a walk around our neighborhood pond. A woman ahead of me was walking her dog, talking on her cell phone, and skipping! Skipping! It looked like so much fun that I tried it myself. The years fell away and I felt like a kid again. Try skipping next time you walk. Of course, your first thought will be, "What if someone sees me?" Stifle it. If someone sees you, maybe they'll try it too. We could start a skipping revolution!

In the kemo room yesterday morning, the woman to my left got bad news on her white blood count; it was so low that she'd already gotten an infection and she had to skip kemo. The gentleman to my right had such a low hemoglobin that he too had to skip kemo and head over to the hospital for a blood transfusion. In that context, I felt like celebrating when all my counts came back within range and I was able to get hooked up to that series of bags that certainly appear to be extending my life. Thank the Lord. (After 14 months of kemo, it really is a miracle that I can keep moving forward.)

The March 6 reading in Streams in the Desert was about hope. It's appropriate for this lenten season. After Christ's resurrection, he walked alongside two of his disciples who were heading home to Emmaus (Luke 24) and asked why they were so sad. They told Him about the death of their Master Jesus, and then they said, "We had hoped...." The author of Streams says, "I have always been so sorry that they did not say, 'We still hope.'" There they were, walking beside their risen Lord, proclaiming that He and hope were dead. Jesus had to say to them, "How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe!" Rather than give in to despair over what our human senses perceive, we need to anchor our hope in what God has said. Keep FROGin'.

To my delight, when I got to the office late yesterday afternoon I discovered that our designer had sent a draft layout for the next magazine a day ahead of his promise. (Again, I'm eating my words of several months ago that designers are always late. This one isn't!) It looks beautiful. Over the next few days the communication team will look it over carefully for needed corrections, but I'm pretty sure they will be few. We have a fun assignment for Monday morning: a session with the current class of SIM missionary candidates on the topic of Communicating for Impact.

Our Nassau friend with lung cancer has completed two consultations in Texas, and now comes the hard job of deciding how to proceed. Please pray that God will give clear guidance.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home