Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Oops! We slept in!

Our Nassau friend has decided to be treated for his lung cancer at the MD Anderson Cancer Clinic in Houston, TX. He will have daily radiation and weekly chemo-therapy for six weeks, and they’ve warned him that it will be rough. The big request right now is that he will qualify for radiation by a Proton machine, which directs the radiation in a controlled manner to the tumor only, so there’s less damage to surrounding organs and bones. He will find out next Thursday if he qualifies. We’re surely praying.

I felt well enough for a full day’s work yesterday, followed by a very brisk walk. Surely this is God’s gift.

I have a story to tell you. At Christmas time I bought a holiday specialty, and on it was a small folder announcing a contest for a dream family vacation. I didn’t bother to write the required essay, but the contest got me dreaming. I envisioned going with our whole family to Cat Island in the Bahamas, the primitive island where my parents taught Bible classes in public schools in the 70s and 80s. Our family enjoyed several fantastic vacation visits there, the last one in 1983. I pictured a large house on a bluff overlooking the ocean, with easy access to a white sandy beach. (My parents lived in a tiny wood bungalow that long ago succumbed to termites.) I said nothing about this dream to anyone. I didn’t even pray for it to come true. Then daughter Sue began dreaming about the same thing, but she took action. She hit the internet and found a big rental house on a bluff overlooking the ocean with easy access to a white sandy beach. When she asked if we’d like to go along, I could hardly believe what I was hearing. Anyway, the dream is coming true. The whole family will be there May 13-20, except for our oldest grandson and his wife and baby, who can’t get away. My sister and her husband (from Nassau) and their daughter will round out the party. I hadn’t even dared to hope for such a wonderful gathering. It still seems too good to be true. Surely this, too, is God’s gift.

I hope your weekend is wonderful. Thanks for your love and prayers. Thanks, also, to Chuck for the fine blogs he posted while I was in Milwaukee.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home