Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, March 12, 2007

Grace Craters

Yesterday afternoon I sat in our freshly-trimmed back garden. I enjoyed the sunshine and the song birds and the fountain, and caught up on some study and reading, including the new RELEVANT magazine which arrived this week. (Besides designing our SIM magazine, Relevant also publishes a terrific 104-pager for young people—their “day job.”) One of the articles is “The End of the World as We Know It,” by Earl Creps, and I have to share a few lines with you.

“Jesus…did not go to the cross and raise from the dead so we could live more successfully in a world that is temporary. Rather, His purpose was to make it possible for us to live right now in another eternal world that is breaking in all around us. Jesus’ announcement finds its ultimate expression on the cross. He carried our sin on Himself there, our insistence on ruling the Kingdom of Me like little gods, so that we can take part in the Kingdom of God. When we do that at the end of biological life, we call it “heaven.” In the meantime, grace craters our lives as tiny fragments of heaven impact us like invisible showers of near-earth asteroids.” Grace craters! I like that.

I know how easy it would be for you to get weary of this long journey with cancer, when nothing seems to be happening. In truth, I think the “nothing” is a direct and miraculous answer to prayer. How else could I feel so well and have such minimal effects from 25 kemo infusions? Heartfelt thanks to each of you. I am so grateful for your patience.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home