Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, March 18, 2007

It Was Grace

"Through many dangers, toils and snares I have already come.
It was grace that led me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home."

That wonderful stanza from "Amazing Grace" soothed me back to sleep early this morning. It was, is, and always will be grace!

Now I'm happily looking forward to our Sunday school class this morning. Teacher Tom wrote in his pre-class letter: "You are chosen to 'set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light' (1 Peter 2:9)." Then he gives us this awe-inspiring assignment to "display the nature of God by demonstrating integrity, or forgive someone who doesn't deserve it, or give of yourself instead of waiting for others to give of themselves to you, or show love to a hard-to-love person, or serve even when you feel entitled to direct, or respond with gentleness to anyone who has earned hardness." This is how God has acted towards us, so when we behave like Him, we show His wonderful deeds and virtues. And that's a wonderful hope for every grace-filled day of this life, isn't it? I need to go and read 1 Peter again.

This afternoon, trusting a nap to rejuvenate us, we're going to hear parts II and III (Easter and Ascension) of Messiah. Our loving neighbor is going with us, and I'm so pleased.

The flowering trees (pear, peach, plum, cherry) have been glorious. The temperature dropped so low this morning that I'm afraid they've all frosted. Brrr. It will be sad if the peach crop is also destroyed--sad for the growers and for us eaters.

Have a blessed Sunday.
Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home