Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Watch out

"Watch out! Be very careful never to forget what you have seen the Lord do for you. Do not let these things escape from your mind as long as you live. And be sure to pass them on to your children and grandchildren" (Deuteronomy 4:9). As I'm reading through the history of God at work in the Bible, I keep seeing truths that help me make sense out of life today. Here's another, from Numbers 35:34: "You must not defile the land where you are going to live, for I live there myself." God said this to Israel as they were nearing the promised land, but I believe it's true for us now too. I imagine God saying, "Don't defile your home, because I live there myself." How can I defile my home? With negative words, with selfish indulgence, with resentment and bitterness, with lack of trust. Isn't it wonderful to think of God Himself living in our home? I know He is everywhere, which is comforting, but this feels more intimate--He actually takes up residence here.

I'm glad next week is an off week for kemo. The port gave us a little trouble yesterday, but finally worked. My eyes are watering and burning more. I have to fight fluid retention. It seems I'm more fatigued and short-winded. Yesterday's nurse reminded me that I've had a lot of kemo, and it takes a toll. My hemoglobin is still hovering a mere .2 above the level where I would qualify for an injection of aranesp, which would relieve the fatigue. Comparatively, I'd say that by God's grace and your prayers, I'm maybe at 5 on a scale of 100 being the worst, so I'm not complaining. Life is sweet. Life is a gift.

I rested and slept awhile on the chaise in the back garden yesterday afternoon, and then I went to work for a couple of hours. I'm glad I did; I was able to handle some important stuff.

Today our Nassau friend with lung cancer gets the word on whether he qualifies for the Proton radiation. We're certainly praying that he will.

Thanks again for your love and prayers.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home