Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, March 19, 2007

This Is Cool




This is cool! Last week I asked you to pray for grandson Jeremy in Niger, who had apparently eaten something awful. He’s now back in the big city and able to update his blog, and here’s what he wrote: “Basically, my stomach staged a revolt. Everything inside wanted out. I was really tired and had a mild fever for a day. But after that day (and after Grandma’s prayer army prayed for me) I was feeling much better. The next day I was able to go out and dig more holes. [He’s been digging “zai” holes, which he fills with chaff and manure to produce rich soil in which the people can plant their grain when rainy season starts in a couple of months. You can Google “zai holes” for more information. The photos above are of Jeremy and helpers on the zai project.] So, friends, thanks for praying for Jeremy. And for me; I'm definitely feeling stronger this morning.

We have a wonderful friend who is suffering excruciating back pain. She needs another steroid injection. Please help us pray that she’ll be able to get it done today.

Yesterday’s performance of “Messiah” was beautiful and restored my heart and soul. I got a clear message during the closing section. I know I’ve already received daily miracles. But even if God would choose to completely heal my cancer and give me another 20 years to live, it would still be a small thing compared to the miracle that lies ahead for all of us. Please allow me to quote the words that filled my heart with such hope and joy yesterday. (As you know, Handel created music for selected Bible passages.)

“The trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption and this mortal must put on immortality. Then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. If God be for us, who can be against us? Who shall lay anything to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth, who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is at the right hand of God, who makes intercession for us. Worthy is the Lamb that was slain, and hath redeemed us to God by His blood, to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing. Blessing and honor, glory and power be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb, for ever and ever. Amen.”

That’s not an “if.” It’s a sure thing! Celebrate!

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Tue Mar 20, 02:44:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not an "if"; it's a "must"! Hallelujah! This mortal MUST put on immortality....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home