Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, August 03, 2007

Saturday & Sunday, August 4 & 5

We're planning to leave after work today to camp along the Blue Ridge Parkway for the weekend. If we find wireless access, we'll post another update. If not, this will have to do.

As promised, I cleared the top of my desk on Friday. It's not my favorite thing to do, but it looks great. I found a copy of an email I'd sent to my mother on November 11, 2003 (no, it hasn't been on my desk all these years; it was in a file folder in a drawer). I had just returned from visiting her, and neither of us guessed that two weeks and three days later she'd be dancing in heaven. (I say dancing, because for at least two years she had been confined to her wheelchair or bed due to the cruelties of rheumatoid arthritis.) While we were together, we'd heard a song she liked, and I found the words and sent them to her. I'd forgotten all about that, and now when I found this letter, it was almost like hearing from her! The song was written by Scott Krippayne:

All who sail the sea of faith find out before too long
how quickly blue skies can grow dark
and gentle winds blow strong.
Suddenly fear is like white water pounding on the soul.
Still we sail on knowing that our Lord is in control.

Refrain:
"Sometimes he calms the storm
with a whispered 'Peace be still.'
He can settle any sea, but it doesn't mean he will.
Sometimes he holds us close
and lets the wind and waves go wild.
Sometimes he calms the storm,
And other times he calms his child.

"He has a reason for each trial that we pass through in life.
And though we're shaken
we cannot be pulled apart from Christ.
No matter how the driving rain beats down
on those who hold to faith,
A heart of trust will always be a quiet peaceful place."

Both friends who had surgery on Friday came through it well. We thank God. Another friend, who received a surprise gift of a donated kidney a week ago, has gone home already--quite an amazing recovery.

Someone dear to us has run afoul of a person who appears to be mentally ill and is extremely angry--perhaps dangerously so--at this loved one. You'll understand why I can't be more specific, but I wonder if you'd be willing to pray anyway. God knows all about it.

Thanks again. Have a great weekend.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Sat Aug 04, 11:33:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

I love that song, too! We can be at peace in the storm or if he calms the storm because he is there. Another song I love and which I thought of when my friend, Laurie Collins, died of rheumatoid arthritis was "Dancin' with the Angels" by Monk and Naegle. It's a beautiful song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home