Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, August 03, 2007

Good Friends

A friend wrote to say that ever since she heard of my diagnosis on December 7, 2005, she's been praying the prayer of Hezekiah for me (2 Kings 20:1-6). He received a "terminal" diagnosis, asked God to extend his life by 15 years, and God granted his request. This same friend quoted Philippians 1:7, "We have shared together the blessings of God...." And this: "Having a good friend is like counting the stars. Just when you think you've found all the reasons to thank God for her, you realize you've just begun." Lovely way to fill the quiet moments of the day--listing reasons to thank God for you, my friends!

Today two good friends are having surgery. Another friend is aching over conflicts with her siblings about their father who is being kept "alive" by all artificial means. And other friends are distressed by severe emotional crises in family members' souls. It's a privilege and sweet fellowship to help carry one another's burdens in prayer.

I'm still feeling well, and looking forward to a day of cleaning clutter off my desk at work.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home