Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, August 27, 2007

Humbling!

I need a new vocabulary to express my gratitude for the multitude of caring prayers you are offering for us. Phone calls, notes, and emails remind us of the amazing community of support you are! It's very humbling. No one, least of all me, could deserve so much love and intercession.

God has already answered your prayers for me this morning. My soul is peaceful about another round of chemo. He is so faithful and so strong.

Recent reading in the final chapters of Isaiah has brought me again and again to bow before his sovereign uniqueness, as in Isaiah 46:9, "For I am God--I alone! I am God, and there is no one else like me." That's the truth, and it's good.

Once again, He gave us safety all that long way from Indiana to home. And once again, Chuck drove the entire distance.

A dear friend at work had a breast biopsy for a large mass last week and will get the report today. We were so out of touch at the lake that we found out only after returning home last evening. Please pray that she'll get good news, and that she'll have God's peace.

We've been praying for our Michigan friend who had prostate cancer some years ago and recently experienced a troubling rise in his psa (due to the treatment he had earlier, there apparently remains nothing to be done in case of recurrence). He got great news last week: his psa number went down to 1.5! Thank you, Lord.

I'm so thankful for you all.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home