Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A Matter of Perspective

As you know, one of my tasks in the communication department at SIM is to read the newsletters from our missionaries--hundreds of them--looking for seeds of stories to tell. Yesterday I read a letter that grabbed my heart. This middle-aged couple left the USA a year ago to serve in Nigeria, but had to spend the summer back home getting help for the husband's mysterious heart ailments. (Doctors concluded it was "unknown parasitic activity," and he appears to be fine now; they're back in Nigeria, hard at work.) May I share one paragraph from their letter?

"As we all know, we are 100% dependent on God for all things. I got to see that dependency in a new way. It was a new experience to be totally dependent on God's people for literally everything. When we committed to be missionaries, we sold our business, our house, our vehicles, etc. It was strange coming back "home" and not having a house or a car--not having anything to come back to except for people we love. I wish everyone could experience this. It was so neat to see our church family come together and provide housing, transportation, meals, etc. WOW, what an up-close-and-personal demonstration of the Body of Christ functioning in love and faithfulness." I was humbled, and thankful for the wonderful privilege of serving with folks like these.

This morning we'll get the report on yesterday's blood work, and I'll post a brief update. Thanks so much for your continuing interest and prayers.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home