Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, August 09, 2007

New Treatment Plan

The oncologist is ordering a new chemo regimen, in view of the failure of the stuff I was getting. Starting next Monday morning, I'll get a 3 1/2 hour infusion of a combination known as "folfiri." (I'll describe it below, but it probably won't mean a thing.) I'll go home wearing a pump that will continue to administer chemo for 48 more hours, after which I'll return to the doctor's office to turn in the pump. Then two weeks later we'll do the same thing again, and every two weeks unless folfiri also fails. As soon as possible, we'll schedule a scan (C-T I think) to rule out tumor growth. So that's the news following today's visit with the doctor. And here's the scoop on folfiri: Irinotecan (also called camptosar, CPT 11), and fluorouracil (5-FU), and leucovarin (LV). See? It doesn't mean a thing. But it's kept me busy on the internet for the past hour. Now I'm going to get some exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home